Wednesday 21 November 2012

Writing with medical problems

It's been a while since my last blog entry. I apologise for that its been a roller coaster of a few weeks. But I'm back on the preverbal horse as it were and ready to ride.
Like all of us I find writing a great joy and often a great escape from the world. Now so more than ever as I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia as well as ME. I thought I'd share my tips for when writing isn't so easy be it illness or problems etc and concentration can be shot.

1) Pace yourself easy to say difficult to understand. Write a page or so take a break for ten mins then have another go.

2) If you can't write don't be hard on yourself scribble your ideas down.

3) Take you're emotions, pain and note the descriptions of them down it can add the extra dimensions to your writing

4) Get someone to read your work just to point out those little proof reading errors that are easy to miss when you can't concentrate.

5) My final tip is don't be hard on yourself some days it will flow and other days it won't. Go with the flow and be gentle with yourself.

Love and creativity

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment