Thursday 24 January 2013

Books I highly recommend

I post a lot about writing but not much about what I read so I thought I'd share with you my recent reads;

First and foremost Memory of Light the last instalment in the Wheel of Time series. I've been reading WoT for the best part of 14years and it has been a huge part of my life the books traveling with me through everything. This last book was thrilling emotional and a journey I can't possibly begin to explain unless you have followed the characters through. For those that haven't discovered the magik of Robert Jordan sadly with his passing he could not complete the series but was picked up and masterfully completed by Brandon Sanderson.

Which links me nicely into the Mist born trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. A richly woven and fast paced fantasy trilogy a great introduction to his writing style. A wonderfully different spin on the worlds and ways of magik.

Patrick Rothfuss is my next author one I discovered just by browsing through my local book shop (something that can't really be done on line) The king killer chronicle I picked up and just couldn't put down. You are wrapped up in the characters world so deeply that you live and breathe every moment with them. Dark, violent and deeply moving another rich world of fantasy to discover.

My three recommendations for now, happy reading

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment