Tuesday 24 July 2012

Reading, writing and staying sane

Ive been struggling for a few days for what to put on this blog and just now a couple of thoughts struck me. First is how much I adore re-reading books at the moment I am working my way through the wheel of time series for about the 7th time. Sounds slightly sad I know but I find so much more each time I re-read not only this series but any book. The characters seem to be more alive and at the risk of sounding cliche the characters become more like friends as you re-vist.
Sat out on my balcony today, the feeling struck me as it does many times when I am reading it's one of lifes greatest joys and escapes. For me that;s something that is really important, because lets face it we all have problems and demons we want to leave behind even just for a couple of hours.
This brings me onto my next thought and other love of my life, writing, not only do I escape I can create a world that is truly my own and where it is possible to defy everthing. Like many writers I have a story to tell and a lot of it is my own life experience. I find it helps me cope with past events in my life and gives me a way of speaking out without directly saying anything. Im sure I'm not the only one out there who does this, do any of you wonderful readers and writers out there find that writing keeps them sane in an insane world????

No comments:

Post a Comment