Sunday 29 July 2012

Thoughts on inspiration from a fellow indie author

On my twitter feed a little while back I asked what inspires indie authors to write and keep on writing. Fellow Julie C Hall gave her  inspirations and talks about her battles:

Who inspired me to write. Well, it kind of happened when I found out that I had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I was talking with a friend and she said that the woman that wrote Seabiscuit had the same disease. I have always wanted to write, but didn’t know what to write about. When I found out about CFS I wanted to write about my experience with it. But I thought that it would be too boring. I was having this huge writer’s block, I didn’t know how to start. My boyfriend said, “Honey just write anything and it will come.” Well you know what? He was right!
I love anything supernatural/fantasy, so one day I wrote a poem about another dimension. From there a story came to life. I love to hike and I meditate a lot. While hiking, I came up with the story plot. I have always felt that nature talks to me. So my story was inspired by nature and elementals. The other interesting thing I found out, is that when I get acupuncture characters and ideas come to me. It must have something to do with my chi flowing better!
Once I started writing I found it was like therapy. It completely brought me joy and happiness. I hope that others find the same joy in writing that I do. I also hope that my stories entertain people and bring them joy also.

Check out her blog and facebook page on:

No comments:

Post a Comment