Thursday 20 September 2012

A great piece of advice I was given

Laid awake last night with my pain killers not working and my conditions running riot. I set about distracting myself jotting ideas into my phone and see who was on twitter and face book. I was given a fantastic piece of advice that's was so good I had to share. A fellow tweeter @RayneHall told me to jot down how the pain feels what it's doing and use it as a practical exercise for future works and writing in progress. Needless to say this not only set the creative side of me going but also provided a much needed distraction from the pain. So now if I do something clumsy or see a part of real life in can add to my work I joy a couple of sentences describing how and what. This is excellent not only for pain but emotions, anger, fatigue and can give your writing a far greater sense of realism. So once again I would like to thank @RayneHall for his wonderful tips and hope by sharing this with you all I can in some way return the favour.

Happy writing
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment