Monday 20 August 2012

A beautiful weekend

What a beautiful weekend it has been this week. I've not done much in the way of writing been a little distracted by my sisters wedding. It was an amazing day simple and sweet with just close family and friends. Half way through the ceremony I was struck with divine inspriation and had a flash of an idea for my next book to work on. I dont know about you but I find ideas strike me at the oddest moments more often than not in the middle of the night. I reach for my trusty iphone and its note pad and put them in there before I can forget. (I would be lost without my phone)
My health has been a litte up and down lately and I know I have spoken about if before but I find writing a great escape and a great therapy. It doesnt matter what is going on in my world there is always a place that not only can I escape to but also have complete controll over.
With all these ideas in my iphone sometimes its difficult to keep focused on one project at a time I think excitement at starting something new can almost get the better of me.

At the moment I'm working on part two of my first trilogy A Ravens Tear. I've put the first chapter on here on an earlier post. Part two has a bit of a way to go yet but I'm hoping to have the prologe on here in the not to distant future. I would like some feed back on the atmosphere I'm trying to create in that openeing scene. Like all writers I am keen for feedback the postive and the negative so I can see where my strengths and weakness' lie.
As a closing thought if you are interested in supporting indie authors and their work the best thing anyone as a reader can do is leave feed back and reviews, Amazon, Goodreads and author blogs are a great place to start.

Wishing you all a fantastic week
Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment