Sunday 5 August 2012

Another day, another battle

Well what  week it has been the olympics have been amazing, not without its ups and downs but such is life. I just had my first radio interview today for local radio my hands were shaking and thought I would go blank but all in all it went really well.
It got me thinking about why I write, which in it's self seems a simple question but the more I thought about it the more I realised that it's far more than just the joy of writing. I suffer with severe M.E which leaves me in pain and exhausted beyond words along with other debilitating symptoms including muscle twitches and spasms which can make for interesting typing. I realised that writing (which I do as often as my symptoms allow) gives me a release, a goal and a sense of freedom that no other actvitiy on this planet could give.
My characters also reflect parts of me and of people I've met into both the dark and the lighter parts of my life. I feel like writing helps me make sense of not only the world now but also my past and what ever the furture has for me.
So the question why do I write, took me a little longer to answer than I first thought...

2 comments:

  1. Well done Lauren, it's great to read the spirit in your post, no self-patronising, just getting on with it regardless ... Love it ! Have a great week m'Lady ..:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou :-) I'm just determined to chase my dreams. Have a great week your self xxx

    ReplyDelete